RFI

Re: [RFI] 12v 5A linear power supply?

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 12v 5A linear power supply?
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 19:08:55 +0000 (UTC)

https://www.jameco.com/c/Power-Supplies-Wall-Adapters.html#/filter:ss_category:Power$2520Supplies$2520$2526$2520Wall$2520Adapters$253EAC-to-DC$2520Linear$2520Regulated

    On Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 11:54:01 AM MST, Jim Brown
<jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

 On 11/9/2022 4:59 AM, Michael Martin wrote:
> That power supply Eric is looking for is to replace one that is one of
> the noisiest power supplies in the industry and all over the country and
> it probably doesn't draw much more than a half of an amp if it's the one
> I've been finding.

If you can't find an old linear wall wart in the 0.5-1A range, it may
still be possible to find one at industrial electronics distributors. I
bought several 2-3A 12V and 2A 24V supplies to run some custom LED
lighting fixtures several years ago. They were not easy to find, and may
being phased out. It's worth poking around online with those distributors.

I long ago standardized on the same Power Pole connectors that Elecraft
used beginning with their earliest rigs, and run all the 12V gear in my
shack and in my home from 12V batteries, float-charged from a suitable
linear supply.

73, Jim K9YC