RFI

Re: [RFI] Finally located my RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Finally located my RFI
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2024 16:15:46 -0500
On 6/21/2024 3:56 PM, Dave (NK7Z) wrote:
No problem on winding turns, and thanks!!!  I will tune the ferrite to 24 MHz., and see how that works...  I am setting up a test jig to hold a ferrite out in the closest I can get to free space, being fed as it would be in the real world.  I will adjust the resonant frequency to be 24 MHz., that should give me the best shot at using this to kill this mess...  THANKS again!

I'd be surprised if you could get enough turns on it to resonate, unless it's a really big core. If it does resonate, the Q should be very low, as that material is supposed to be lossy. (A pure reactance might just reflect the current to radiate from somewhere else, rather than turn it into heat.) There may be published curves for the core showing impedance vs frequency for various number of turns.  In any case, you want the maximum impedance you can get at that frequency, and it should be mostly resistive.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA