RFI

Re: [RFI] Replacement For Fluorescent Tubes

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Replacement For Fluorescent Tubes
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 23:38:42 -0500
I'm not sure what kind of ballasts they were, but a neighbor installed LED replacement "tubes", and they created terrible RFI. (OK, they were only 50 feet from my RX loop.) I'd recommend just replacing the fixtures, but test them for RFI before installing (and keep the receipt).  The inevitably Chinese power supplies are highly variable in RFI output.

73,

Scott K9MA