RFI

Re: [RFI] Replacement For Fluorescent Tubes

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Replacement For Fluorescent Tubes
From: AA5CT via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 08:56:13 +0000 (UTC)
 I have used the Philips UniversalFit TLEDs in regular magnetic ballast
fixtures,
and these fixtures date back to the mid 1980s long before electronic ballasts.
.
https://www.usa.lighting.philips.com/prof/highlighted-products/tled.
"Philips UniversalFit TLEDs offer unique ballast compatibility working with both
electronic (instant-start) and magnetic ballasts while meeting the revised
UL1993
standards. The UniversalFit TLEDs are engineered to deliver excellent lighting
effects
and substantial energy savings while providing unmatched user & installer
safety.".
One of the original fluorescent bulbs failed this last year, and the
improvement in light outputwith the new LEDs at like half the power draw is
impressive..
Jim AA5CT

    On Wednesday, June 26, 2024, 1:47:39 AM GMT-5, Jim Brown
<jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

 On 6/25/2024 10:12 PM, Frank W3LPL wrote:
> I replaced my 4 foot fluorescents in about a dozen fixtures with
> LEDs with excellent success.

Thanks Jeff, Scott, and Frank.

73, Jim K9YC