RFI

Re: [RFI] Replacement For Fluorescent Tubes

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Replacement For Fluorescent Tubes
From: Wes Stewart via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 17:28:22 +0000 (UTC)
 Depends.  Note that most of the LED replacements are "32-watt" equivalents.
If you are using 40-watt fluorescent now, the light output will be only about
60% with LED.
Speaking of RFI, when I built my garage I made it extra deep with a workshop
area on one end.  I installed three 4-tube fixtures from Home Depot, wired up
with flex conduit.  The RFI was so bad it would wipe out the TV in my RV parked
next to the garage.  It was then that I learned that these were "industrial"
fixtures but they made a residential fixture that had filtered ballasts.  Of
course HD didn't stock these.
So I talked to the store manager and pointed out that when I entered the
building, it said "HOME" in huge letters outside, but the product was labeled
"for industrial use only."  Long story short, he agreed to order replacement
filtered ballasts and I agreed to install them, saving me the work of
uninstalling the fixtures.  The fixtures are RF quiet, which can't be said
about some cheap ones at the other end of the garage that are seldom on.
Wes  N7WS

    On Tuesday, June 25, 2024 at 04:34:46 PM MST, Jim Brown