[RTTY] WriteLog screen shots

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WriteLog screen shots
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:55:39 -0400
Demos are funny things. On one hand you like to be able to "get
your feet wet'" before buying. On the other hand, most demos are
somehow crippled and don't give you the full picture. Also, with a
program as complicated and with as many
options/choices/features as Writelog, the odds are you will not get
an accurate impression of the program by playing with it for a few
hours. While originally starting with CT for CW/SSB and WF1B for
RTTY, I've used WL exclusively for contesting for 4 years now. I
still learn something new and better about the program almost
every time I use it!
In my opinion, the best way to learn about anything (software,
antennas, radios, etc.) is talk to those who have already tried it. As
Jay pointed out a few days ago, most of the "big guns of RTTY"
use Writelog. That, by itself, should tell you something.
73,
Barry