[RTTY] WriteLog screen shots

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] WriteLog screen shots
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:04:55 -0700 (PDT)
I said:

"IMHO, this is the right thing to do unless the topic merits
discussion. "

Duane W5BEN said:

"Ah yes - but WHO gets to decide what "merits discussion"?"

My response:

I think the person asking the question gets to decide.  If they say, "Please
send me your responses direct and I'll posta a summary to the reflector" that's
pretty clear.  If they leave the question open-ended, "What TNC are you using
for RTTY and why?" then the responders can decide what to do.

I prefer the first form, because then you can later go back to the list
archives and find the ONE message that concisely summarizes the topic, rather
than having to sort through a seemingly endless string of point-counterpoint
messages.

- 73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com