[RTTY] AA5AU SCC SOLP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU SCC SOLP
From: chen@mac.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 10:39:51 -0700
on 26/08/01 09:41, Bill Turner at w7ti@dslextreme.com wrote:

> I saw an exchange of 1885 from an Italian station.  It was repeated
> several times so I know it wasn't a bit flip.  Was somebody having fun
> or was it for real?  Perhaps Mr. Marconi put in an appearance?  :-)

When I'd suggested to Mario to use 4 digits instead of two,
for the exchange, I never thought any of us would live to see
the usefulness :-).

Long path propagation to Europe in the Oregon evening was
better than I have seen in a while.  Some of the European
stations actually heard me!

The T22SC was quite frustrated with the contest, it seems.  A
few times that I tuned across him, I heard him repeat that he was
not in the contest.  Another time, I heard some contester pester
him for an exchange, transmitting over other people.

High point of the contest: I heard Eddie blow his stack at
a frequency thief!  That was entertaining :-).

73
Chen, AA6TY