[RTTY] AA5AU SCC SOLP

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AA5AU SCC SOLP
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 11:08:29 -0500
This was a tough one to do low power because of the
lack of activity.  Highest rate was 38 the 2nd hour.  When
the flare hit, I took 2 hours off for lunch.  Came back for
an hour then took a 2 hour nap.

When the NASCAR race started, I ran to the shack during
commercial breaks and caution flags (there were lots of those).
I don't have a TV in the shack.  Guess I should install one.

20 meters was still going strong into EU when I pulled the
plug at 0540Z.  The earliest licensed year I worked was 1932
from W6MI.  S57AW and S50A called me on 80 meters, that
was pretty cool.  I was only running about 80 watts to a longwire.
They must have some excellent receiving antennas!

10 meters was open before the flare hit.  With all the activity on
15 I guess people weren't willing to go to 10.  I worked UN6P
and SV1CIB on 10.  A lot of the usual SA stations were missing.

Thanks to everyone for the contacts.  I hope the score holds up
for a new USA low power record.

AA5AU
Louisiana, USA
Year Sent 1972