[RTTY] Which RTTY Program To Use ??

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Which RTTY Program To Use ??
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 19:17:29 -0500
Dick,  don't kiss your KAM goodbye just yet.  If you happen to
buy WriteLog (I would encourage it) you can use your KAM and
the soundcard at the same time with one radio in a "dual receive"
configuration by splitting the receive audio, feeding one leg to the
KAM and the other to the soundcard.  You open up two RTTY
windows within WriteLog and can copy in both windows on the
same signal at the same time.  If you miss copy on one device, the
other usual picks it up.

This way you can still use your KAM for transmit and receive and
have an extra RTTY window for receive only with the soundcard.
I do this on both my radios.  I use a PK232 and soundcard on one
computer/radio and a DXP38 and soundcard on the other computer/
radio.  I run the MMTTY plug-in to WriteLog for the RTTY window
using the soundcard.  It's an awesome combination.

With the power of WriteLog you can have as many as 4 RTTY windows
at the same time but that takes up too much on a single monitor.  However,
if you have two monitors connected to your computer, you can run
WriteLog and have dual monitors (Win98 or later needed for dual monitors).
I don't do dual monitors yet, but I used dual monitors at the ranch for
the 2000 BARTG and it was great.

You can also, if you like, transmit from any of the RTTY windows you
have if you parallel all the FSK outputs into your radio (assuming you are
using FSK).

With WriteLog you can run SO2R with a single computer & monitor.
Or you can network your computers and run separate computer/radio
combinations for SO2R or Multi-operations.

The possibilities are almost endless for RTTY.  Then, if you want, you
can also use WriteLog for CW and SSB contesting.  WriteLog has helped
revive my interest in CW contesting.  I even won some wallpaper in last
year's CW SweepStakes and my first ever "sweep".  Without WriteLog I
probably wouldn't have even entered the contest.

WriteLog has it's own reflector which provides great help to many.

Good luck on your selection.

73, Don AA5AU