[RTTY] AL-1200 arcing during QRO RTTY contesting

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AL-1200 arcing during QRO RTTY contesting
From: k4ww@home.com (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 14:49:07 -0400
As a "happy without any problem" owner of an AL-1200, I take exception to
your opinion, to which you are entitled! I have seen a HF-2500 exhibit the
same problem, unless the drive power was reduced! I believe that RTTY
operation requires a "little common sense", and rather than be mislead by
"advertising hype", I choose to run mine with a "lower than rated" output? I
have only been using the AL-1200 for 18 months, and with my "sensible"
approach to operation, I have never had a problem! Over the period of a
contest, using 1 instead of 1.5 KW, I may miss out on a few contacts, but I
won't be able to "cook out" on top of the amp!
C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW