[RTTY] AL-1200 arcing during QRO RTTYcontesting

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AL-1200 arcing during QRO RTTYcontesting
From: w2up@mindspring.com (Barry )
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:35:47 -0000
I'll second the motion on the Acom. I've used it for CQWW RTTY,
48 hours, full power. While the room gets pretty hot (which is why I
operated low power the last 2 years), the amp stays cool! One nice
thing about the Acom is you can remote the amp from the control
unit. I might try that in the future and put the amp itself outside the
shack.
I used to own an Alpha 77Dx (sold it when I bought the Acom) and
it, too, barely got warm in a RTTY contest, full power.
Barry W2UP