[RTTY] AL-1200 arcing during QRO RTTY contesting

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] AL-1200 arcing during QRO RTTY contesting
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 12:02:52 -0700 (PDT)
The HF-2500 is extremely sensitive to grid current.  5 or so years ago, we used
one in an SSB contest at KC1XX and the thing shut down on a frequent basis.
NEVER AGAIN.  We have at least 4 (maybe more) AL-1200s at Matt's place now and
we never have to think about them - they're RUGGED.  But I agree, I wouldn't
run one for 48 hours at full power near 100% duty cycle!

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com