[RTTY] RU exchanges

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RU exchanges
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:58:07 -0800
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 16:44:50 -0700, Mike Mellinger WA0SXV wrote:

>My personal favorite -- and it happened several times -- goes like this
>(calls and states changed to protect the innocent)
>
>WA0SXV DE N0XYZ QSL YOUR 599 NEW MEXICO UR 599 599 599 IOWA IOWA IOWA
>QSL? DE N0XYZ

My favorite (NOT) is the guy who uses IN, meaning the word in, as in:

UR 599 IN FL

Invariably, I click on IN but if I'm lucky and SEE the FL, I can at
least change it.  If noise or whatever takes out the FL and I leave it
as IN, Mr. Cabrillo will no doubt nail me.

So there.  I feel better now.  :-)

73, Bill W7TI