[RTTY] RTTY RU K2YG SOAB LP(QRP)

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY RU K2YG SOAB LP(QRP)
From: k2yg@bellatlantic.net (Dave Barr)
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:17:14 +0000
K2YG/QRP ARRL RTTY Roundup

It still surprises me how well QRP works.  Often you wait for others to
work someone first, but not always.  Breaking a pile of any size with
QRP is almost a good as working a new country.  I don't use "/QRP" in
the call because of the problems I've heard that causes with some
logging software, the added length and chance for errors, and because,
in a way, it seems like begging.  Add to the enjoyment: the Elecraft K2
is a rig you build (no rx hears better than it does) and a better score
than last year... well, it was fun.  I wish more of us would try QRP
RTTY;  maybe some are and I just don't know it.  You don't need a yagi
to have fun; better than half of the qso's in the contest were made on
the dipole.

Call used: K2YG
Location:  NJ

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX
80        36    36    19     1
40        79    79    34     5
20       123   123    41    14
15       137   137    36    27
10       154   154    29    40
--------------------------------------
Total    529   529    55*   49*
--------------------------------------
* - Counted only once (not once per band)

Claimed Score: 55016

RITTY by K6STI + RTTY by WF1B  v4.5c
Toshiba Satellite Pro 435 (works with RITTY)
Elecraft K2 Transceiver (sometimes battery powered)
Power Output: 5
Dipole and Tribander @ 50 ft.

Dave Barr
29 Montrose Ave