[RTTY] Cabrillo format ???

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Cabrillo format ???
From: dk3vn@darc.de (Waldemar DK3VN)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 16:11:42 +0100
John - vk4cej wrote:

> I have seen two apparent "solutions" to the cabrillo problem posted in this
> reflector and have tried both without success.
>
> One was to set       STATE=        and the other was to set    QTH=
> any others I should try ???
>
> John - vk4cej

Hi John,

yesterday I sent my log to the ARRL robot and it was accepted; received the
tracking number [1342.rttyru]. Follow this procedure, which has five steps:

Step-1: check and manipulate the file: RTTY.INI
Step-2: run RTTY.EXE with your ARRL Roundup BIN file without changing
        anything.
Step-3: run CABRILLO.EXE to create a <callsign>.LOG file in Cabrillo format.
Step-4: check and manipulate the Cabrillo <callsign>.LOG file.
Step-5: send your log to the ARRL robot.

OK, here step by step now ..

Step-1: In the file RTTY.INI check/insert the parameter "State", "Qth",
        "SpaceTab" and delete a possible existing [CABRILLO] parameter block.

Check/correct/insert this [PROFILE] parameter only. Don't touch the rest of
the parameters in this block.

[PROFILE]
State=
Qth=
UsualRST=59
SpaceTab=No

Check, if there is a Cabrillo parameter block; usually on the end of
RTTY.INI. It looks like this example ..
[CABRILLO]
ARRL-SECTION=DX
CALLSIGN=DK3VN
OPERATOR-CATEGORY=SINGLE-OP
< .. etc. .. >

Delete complete the [CABRILLO] parameter block. Only this block; not any
other possible following [.....] block!

Step-2: start RTTY.EXE
-> select your ARRL Roundup BIN file
-> check the "Work Sheet" once again and then press <Ctrl-Enter>
-> the window "Set my Information" appears. Without changing anything
     press <Ctrl-Enter>
-> now in the logging mode - without changing anything - press <ALT-Q>
     to quit the program.

Step-3: start CABRILLO.EXE and select/insert some information
-> ARRL-SECTION DX
-> CALLSIGN <callsign used in the contest>
-> CATEGORY <i.e. SINGLE-OP ALL LOW RY>
   possible categories are:
   SINGLE-OP ALL LOW
   SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH
   MULTI-ONE ALL LOW
   MULTI-ONE ALL HIGH
   CHECKLOG

-> CATEGORY-OVERLAY <leave it empty>
-> CLUB <enter the name of your contest club or leave it empty>
-> CONTEST ARRL-RTTY
-> OPERATORS <your own callsign> **
   (**) if you have participated in a "MULTI-ONE .." category, then
        you have to insert the callsigns of all operators or the word
        PACKET (I believe :-), if you have used packet .. see the
        contest rules ..!

-> enter some information's to the fields: NAME, ADDRESS, SOAPBOX
-> INPUT FILE(.BIN) enter the name of your BIN file
-> everything looks OK? .. then press <Ctrl-Enter>.

Step-4 check and correct the Cabrillo log file
-> CATEGORY .. delete the "<space>RY" on the end of this line!!!
-> CATEGORY-OVERLAY: delete this line!!!!!!

Step-5 send your log as an attachment to: RTTYRU@arrl.org
-> Subject (example only!): ARRL RTTY Round-Up DK3VN SOAB Low Power
-> Text: <nothing>
-> attach your <callsign>.LOG file

After a short time you will receive a response from the ARRL robot.

Good luck and 73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
--
Check RWRL on  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de
RWRL Mirror on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch