[RTTY] Implications of remote control

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Implications of remote control
From: m-matsubara@pop02.odn.ne.jp (M.Matsubara)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:03:11 +0900
Don Hill wrote:

"I made my first ever remote control RTTY contact over the
Internet Saturday night using WriteLog & my TS870 on my shack PC and
controlling it from a PC with a high-speed Internet connection
in the next room.  It was all over the Internet and not on
the LAN.

I called CQ on 20M RTTY and JA1BHK came back to me.  We had
a 10 minute QSO.  It was pretty cool."

It is interesting to know that I am the first station answered to AA5AU's CQ
which was issued by internet control.

Imagination of Bill Turner my have based on the fact that there have already
existed rental stations in some resort areas, where all the necessary
accommodations are provided and even a call sign will be legally issued or
permitted the use of own call.

In front of me, there is the advertising pamphlet of such a kind "DX
pedition tour" by some tourist company. I am wondering whether I would use
rental schack in future. But for the time being, I stick to my own equipment
in case of portable operation.

W7TI raised the good question. Perhaps there will be the need of some rules
by contest managers and award issuers.

73
de Maza - JA1BHK