[RTTY] Best RTTY rig?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Best RTTY rig?
From: chen@mac.com (Kok Chen)
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:35:39 -0800
VP5/WA9ALS wrote:
>> I doubt any verticals can do it - possibly a Butternut, but I wouldn't bet
>> on it. Put that kind of power into a Cushcrap, Hy-Gain or GAP and it'll
>> become a smoking hunk of plastic in no time at all.
>
> I -would- bet on the Butternut!

Really?  Send cash, John :-).

I lost a shorting strap on an HF-2V running just 100 watts on 80m.
I have since replaced it with a more substantial piece of wire.

But, I agree few people can melt that aluminium tubing Butternut
calls loading coils :-).

IMHO, coax baluns are the best way to go, especially for monobander
antennas. Easy to build and optimise.

73
Chen, AA6TY