[RTTY] Best RTTY rig?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Best RTTY rig?
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:08:42 -0500
> I burned out a trap calling E44/HA1AG on 15 meters using my ex-R7 and a KW
> (never did work him).
>
> Replaced it with HyGain AV-640 and don't even think about worrying any
> more.  It handles the power just fine.
>
> 73 - Jim AD1C

Just an FYI, having run the experiment a couple of times awhile back, an R-7
can take about 400W RTTY for "extended times" (like a minute or 2)  The SWR
will rise a bit when you first start a session like a ragchew QSO, like from
1.1 to 1.4, but then level out there.  More on 40M an the 17M trap will
melt.  YMMV