[RTTY] Best RTTY rig?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Best RTTY rig?
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (w7ti@dslextreme.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:04:20 -0800 (PST)
> At 07:37 PM 3/19/2002, WA9ALS - John wrote:

>Put that kind of power into a Cushcrap, Hy-Gain
>or GAP and it'll become a smoking hunk of plastic
>in no time at all.
Wish I'd known that before I ran 1500 watts into my Hy-Gain TH5 Mark
II for years on end.  Seemed to be ok when I finally took it down,
but maybe I just don't recognize "smoking hunk(s) of plastic" when I
see 'em.  <g>

During that time I did smoke a couple of so-called "legal limit"
amplifiers, but the antenna was no problem at all.

Bill, W7TI