[RTTY] VP6DI RTTY operation

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VP6DI RTTY operation
From: dhill@cprk.com (Hill, Don)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:17:34 -0600
I've not heard the excuse that Garry has remarked on.  That's
not really an excuse because both Vince, K5VT, and Jim, N9TK, are
both excellent RTTY operators.  So that reason does not hold water.

They said they would be on 20M RTTY either Wed. or Thurs. evening
and that did not happen.  It has also been reported that they lost
a radio in the storm and have to "free up" another radio for RTTY.
They've had opportunity to do that and they haven't.

I feel that RTTY will happen.  I'm not complaining for the
lack of RTTY from this DXpedition.  They said from the start that
their goal was to get into as many logs as possible.  To make sure
that everyone had a chance to work them.  They are doing an
excellent job on 15 CW and SSB.  The pileup is still big on 15M
SSB, but not so big on 15M CW as of last night.  The CW op called
several times with no takers.

With 5 days left in the Dxpedition, we can only hope that they
do RTTY.  However, it is a known fact that Kan, JA1BK, does not
like RTTY.  And he is in charge of the Dxpedition.

The best thing we can do is send E-mails to the pilot stations
AF2C, WA2MOE and JE2EHP.  There are links to their E-mail addresses
on the update page:  http://www.qsl.net/aa0mz/ducie.htm

It's best to put "RTTY" in the Subject of the message.  They are
probably not reading all of their mail if they are getting tons
of it, but they would at least see the Subject line.  I sent an
E-mail to AF2C yesterday and have yet to receive a reply.  But
others have received replies.  Please be respectful in your request.
If we flood their mailboxes with E-mails with "RTTY..." in the
Subject line, maybe they will feel compelled to pass along to the
group the large demand for RTTY.

Personally, I feel they really do need to operate RTTY.  With
this being a new Entity, this will make a big effect on many
operators nearing or already on the RTTY Honor Roll.  RTTY is
a major mode with it's own DXCC.  They brought RTTY gear, they
should use it.

However, it's their call.  It's their time and money spent.  It's
their show.  They can do anything they want.  Keep that in mind.

Still tuning 16 hours a day...
73, Don AA5AU