[RTTY] VP6DI RTTY operation

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VP6DI RTTY operation
From: k4ww@arrl.net (Shelby Summerville)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:21:54 -0500
"Jim Reisert" <ad1c@yahoo.com> wrote: "Yes, but there are now separate DXCC
awards for 18 and 24 MHz, so to some these
are just as important, if not more so, than RTTY."

Key words "to some"! We are not talking about "some", we are talking about
"us" that are "primarily" interested in RTTY! I think I have worked them on
15 CW and SSB, won't know until log checking is available? I will trade both
of those for just one "confirmed" RTTY contact! When WARC bands became
available, there were no awards for them, as they were considered a haven
for those, for whatever reason, didn't care to listen to the "contest chaos"
on the weekends. Now that it has become moneterialy rewarding to offer
awards for those bands, those that are interested in those type of awards
must pursue each entity on every band? If I recall correctly, the mission of
VP6DI was "to offer a contact to as many as possible", not multi-band
contacts to "as many as possible"? The bottom line remains: "its their game
and they may play it as they choose"! I'm just grateful that they went!
C'Ya, Shelby