[RTTY] VP6DI RTTY operation

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] VP6DI RTTY operation
From: jjreisert@alum.mit.edu (Jim Reisert)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:48:57 -0800 (PST)
--- Jay <ws7i@ewarg.org> wrote:

> All possible logs is fine. But 18 and 24 Mhz are just yet another band
> country.  They need to get on the "other" mode which is RTTY.

Yes, but there are now separate DXCC awards for 18 and 24 MHz, so to some these
are just as important, if not more so, than RTTY.

I'd love to work them on RTTY but I probably don't stand a chance this time
around with only single-element antennas.  I've love to work them on any other
band besides 15m.  I've been up the last four mornings looking for them on 40.
One morning it was JA only.  One morning they worked stateside but HUGE
pileups, and didn't work by propagation, just by numbers.  One morning CW was
too early and SSB was too late.  This morning there was nothing.

But I understand it's a hobby.  What happens, happens.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com