[RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum set.....

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum set.....
From: Bill Turner" <w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:01:28 -0800
Well said, Tom.  It's obvious that SO2R should be a separate class.
What's amazing to me is the number of two-radio guys who refuse to
compete only against each other.  It's like a guy with an Indy car who
insists on racing against the family sedan.  Any class of racing can be
fun, but only when the playing field is reasonably level and the winners
and losers are not predetermined..

What I would like to see is a strictly-defined class, similar to WRTC,
where antennas and rigs are limited to a "modest" level, carefully
spelled out.  Then people could compete fairly and fiercely and
may the best op win.

And please, no emails about how "this has been beat to death already,
let's move on to something else".  It keeps coming up because it's a
problem that won't go away until it's solved.  As Tom said, the future
of contesting itself hangs in the balance.  I love contesting and I
don't want it to become an event for the exclusive few.

73, Bill W7TI