[RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum set.....

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum set.....
From: n2ff@juno.com (Frank J Fallon)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:18:49 +0000
Tom,

The short answer is: I don't know.

It is certainly a good question.  I know that when I was doing a small
multi here with a FT-1000MP and a TS-940 there were problems.  That went
away when I picked up a second used MP.  But I never did check the
station for white noise problems.  At the moment I am no longer have the
second MP operational so I can't check it.

It certainly would be a good article for NCJ and I am sure the topic has
come up on the contest reflector to which I do not subscribe.

Hopefully someone will develop a nice chart/article for our edification.

The bottom line is that if you are going to use more than one radio in a
contest, whatever the category, it is much better if you have the same
radio at all positions.

73 de Frank....N2FF......