[RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum set.....

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Dayton RTTY Forum set.....
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:22:01 +0000
Bill Turner wrote:

> Well said, Tom.  It's obvious that SO2R should be a separate class.

> What I would like to see is a strictly-defined class, similar to WRTC,
> where antennas and rigs are limited to a "modest" level, carefully
> spelled out.  Then people could compete fairly and fiercely and
> may the best op win.

----------------------
While I agree with SO2R being placed in a seperate class, I'm also
absolutely against the second paragraph, assuming I am reading it
properly. The only provision acceptable is either low power or high.
Don't mess with my antennas or amp. My Titan can handle a full 1500
watts on RTTY, although I rarely run it above 1KW on any mode. And if
anyone thinks I'll give up those wide spaced monobanders I have
homebrewed, well, count me out.

In the end, I think the SO2R discussion should be it period!

Perhaps a flat out statement to the sponsors informing them we will
not participate if SO2R is not seperated is the answer. Of course, we
have to back up our statement.

73
Ed