[RTTY] No Digital?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] No Digital?
From: dj3iw@t-online.de (DJ3IW Goetz)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:45:51 -0000
Hi Frank,

I have the following comments about the upcoming Mellish DXpedition
and RTTY.

My experience with RTTY tells me that the majority of RTTY ops are
located in three regions:
- North-America,
- Japan,
- Europe.

If you look at a great-circle map centered on Mellish, you will see:
- North-America and Europe/Japan are about 90 degrees apart,
- Europe lies almost on the same bearing as Japan.

Given this, I think it will not be possible to work all three areas
within ONE 3 hour slot - propagation will just not support it.
Please consider these facts when making the plans/schedule for RTTY
operation from VK9Mellish.

73 de Goetz DJ3IW
dj3iw@t-online.de