[RTTY] Re: Mellish and Frank's query

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: Mellish and Frank's query
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:52:31 -0000
Hi Frank,

You raise an interesting point in your email about how long/how many
regarding RTTY form Mellish.

If you are going to do it, I have to suggest the following:
1     you operate from the beginning
2    you do so for 3 or 4 hours each day
3    you do it on the higher bands first (ie 15 & 10)
4    make best use of the paths that are open

After seeing the excellent work by XR0X, I think that must be the best plan,
as they seemed to give most folk a good chance at a RTTY QSO.
RTTY is definitely becoming more popular now, and not only for contests.
There were many calls I didn't recognise calling XR0X, and a lot of the SSB
ops are now utilising the soundcard they use for DVK on SSB contests.

Is there a RTTY contest on whilst you are there? If so, then do that, as
that would give most people the best chance to work you.

If you do leave RTTY till the end, I think you can expect unruly pile-ups in
the desperation to get in the log, just in case you pack up early. At least
if you do it from the beginning, then many of us "little pistols" will wait
a while before joining in, and would be happy to wait a bit, as we then
stand a better chance.

Just my own thoughts.................

Very best 73 de Phil GU0SUP

PS - Frank, I did see you in the BARTG Spring, but you didn't stay still
long enough!