[RTTY] 50 Baud

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] 50 Baud
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 09:04:29 -0500
I'm guessing that he is using 50 baud by mistake.  Not sure what s/w he
is using, maybe Mix32? or something like that.  I have seen on a couple of
occasions where it was spotted that he went from 45 to 50 baud.  Perhaps
he is accidentally putting the program in 50 baud and not knowing about it.

I don't think 50 baud should be a problem on HF.  The problem is realizing
the difference in speed from 45 to 50.  You will get some print from a 50
baud signal even if you are set to receive 45.  If are still in the hunt for Ed,
just remember to change speeds when you come across a station that is not
printing but you feel it should be.

By the way, Ed's back on 21081 right now at 50 baud.  No copy here remotely
as the antenna is pointed at YA.

73, Don AA5AU