[RTTY] MMTTY question

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] MMTTY question
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 18:05:23 +0100
Hi all,

Just for your info, I use WL/MMTTY and have not (yet!) had a problem with
MMTTY at all.
However, (don't you just know it!) just lately, MMTTY (in FSK mode) has had
a "bit of a tail" at the end of a transmission, and has also been very slow
to shut down.
I almost wonder if this is due to the fact that my PC is only an old P200
with 64MB RAM?
I have NEVER had this problem when running the FT900 and AFSK.
There is a BUT here, though, and that is that I am now using an IC756 with
CI-V control, so there is a major difference in my set-up.

The other evening, I dropped into our local PC "bits & bobs" shop, where
they buy/sell seconf hand stuff, and just managed to catch someone wanting
to sell a PIII 750 with 384 MB RAM, 20GB HDD, and (big AND) a dual head
video card!
The price? Well, I got all that lot for the equivalent of about $200.00!

Now I have to get all my ham stuff off the 3.5GB HDD and onto the 20GB HDD,
(once I have loaded WIN98SE), and also get the two extra com ports working.
Once that is done, I should have a reasonable PC in the shack!
Not sure how good the dual head video card is, as it is a "cheap" one, but
I'll let you all know the outcome, once it is up and running.

Trouble is, I don't really want to do it all while the P5, 3XA8, and the
YA/G0 are all playing RTTY!
It shouldn't take long to do, but I have never managed a "straightforward"
installation of anything.

Anyway, here's hoping to see P5, 3X and YA/G0 all in the log this weekend!
73 de Phil GU0SUP