[RTTY] RTTY operation in ARRL's Field Day exercise?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY operation in ARRL's Field Day exercise?
From: George Johnson" <w1zt@arrl.net (George Johnson)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:54:04 -0400
Jerry and All,
I set up RTTY and PSK capability on our "backup" radio station at K1EO.
We operate 1A so  one rig gets the full load and there is a 15 minute
band change rule.  I kept looking for RTTY stations in FD and always
found between 1 and 5 but they did not get many calls and I could not
justify pulling the other station down for the 15 mins.  I figured we
would need about 10 Qs in that time to match what we do on the other
rig.  We make about 1500 Qs in the 24 hour period.

So I have the same question as you.  Did anyone operate RTTY and have a
QSO activity level of anything like about 10 QSOs in a 15 minute time
span.  If there was some flurry of activity, maybe we could all agree on
a time frame and plan to meet on the bands at that time to "generate"
the needed activity.  :-))   Something like the 160m plan for the CQWW
guys.  For example, meet on 20m on the hour for 15 mins and maybe 15m or
40m on the half hour for 15 mins...  just a thought but I would sure
like to see more activity on RTTY.  With the 2 point value, I can make a
constructive argument with the Single Sidewinders that we contribute our
fair share of points.

73, George .. W1ZT
Op at K1EO...