[RTTY] New Virus (Offtopic) ATTN K4GMH!

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] New Virus (Offtopic) ATTN K4GMH!
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:30:30 -0500
Some will appreciate this broadband off-topic and some won't.  I'll take my
chances.

There are several new viruses going around big time today, some apparently
via ham reflectors.  I got several -apparently- from well respected hams.
I'm sure the emails weren't really from these hams, but from the address
books of hams without adequate AV software and updates.  I was sort of
surprised I didn't see anyone mention these today on these reflectors, so I
guess I'll be the sacrificial off topic lamb!

*** I wasn't going to say anything - Until I received the last 4 digits of
K4GMH's credit card!!  One of the viruses apparently emails all or part of
some email on your system - In this case an order confirmation from
Microsoft for something Mike ordered!

Of course, the last 4 numbers don't hurt anyone much, but would you want
everything in your Inbox emailed to everyone in your address book?  And so
on and so on.....?

More info at http://securityresponse.symantec.com/

73 - John (WA9ALS)