[RTTY] JARTS K1US

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] JARTS K1US
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:14:12 -0000
Just a quick note of thanks to all the gang for a most enjoyable round of
QSOs in only 14 hours on.  Had some good exercise in improving my rate while
CQing.

483 Qs with 154 mults, total score 198,968.   On 10, 15, 20, and 40 meters

Had lots of fun switching between two fixed beam antennas for optimum
signals on receive, and I trust also on the outgoing side.   A few pirates
were on, mixing it up with other people's calls and fouling up logs -- not
nice.  Also some bursts of "RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY"  apparently timed to clobber
exchanges.  Same with full power carriers suddenly right down the middle
between mark and space.   Sadly missed an SV5DD? ?  who called on two bands,
but was smothered by others and left right away.  Sorry to miss you!!  Glad
to get FS/K7ZUM for a new one.   Hope we can encourage the enthusiastic QRQ
QSK CW-style contesters to send the exchange more than once.    [:Like
"XT7X 38"  period...   Wheeeeee! ]  My receiver goes off while I
transmit.....

Youngest op in my log was 19, oldest 84 (thanks Jules!)  My  "YRth"
birthday occurred right in the middle of the contest, so opted to use that
numerical equiv for the whole period.  An unusually large number of
TOO/YOYOYOYO TOO/YOYOYOYO  style exhanges showed up also.  Also
"599RIRIRIRI"  -- ugh.

BTW, I had just about given up on uploading ADIF after contests to eQSL, as
few seem to be seriously using that service since ARRL said "No" to them.
But I am still shooting for eDXCC and eWAS from my new QTH,  with totals
stuck at 48 countries and 40 states.  If anyone needs Maine (ME)  I'm glad
to provide a printed card via direct or bureau, but would still like to
collect enough eQSLs for the basics.

An incident with pirate calls was revealed after I posted my raw JARTS log
to eQSL.cc.   Through e-mails AE4Y, Kent and I were able to correct matters
easily.  I'd be grateful to have any other logging snafus pointed out,
please.  It benefits no one to leave mistakes uncorrected.  I'm going to
wait a few days before submitting to JARTS in case more glitches like this
show up.  I have queried KG4 status as JARTS "country" mult on the WL list,
since the software just counted it as a plain "K" prefix.   Any input from
here welcome, please.

Very 73 and thanks, folks.

de Jon         K1US
Cape Porpoise, Maine

TS-870 / AL-811 100 to 325 watts,  half rhombic at azimuth 000-060,  delta
loop broadside 150 -240.    43.39N  70.44W,  with lots of lobsters, one
resident US ex-President and one current President as frequent visitor, plus
lots of Secret Service...  First snow flurries due today.   Eh-yuh!