[RTTY] Should NCJ continue the RTTY Sprints?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Should NCJ continue the RTTY Sprints?
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:09:37 -0500
>          As one who is just on the threshold of jumping into RTTY and RTTY
> contesting in general, I was looking forward to a short contest to see
just
> how well I might be able to get things to work.  Hearing that the Sprints
> may be cancelled or otherwise discontinued does not exactly sound like
> "Good News"
>
>          Just one man's opinion.  Your mileage may vary.
>
>                  Sid    N0OBM

It's not really bad news either, Sid, if they do get cancelled.  There are
several thousand RTTY contesters, and only about 30 logs were being
submitted.  If the Sprints get cancelled, plese don't take that as any sign
of a decline in RTTY contesting.  In fact, the opposite is true.  There are
a LOT of RTTY contests - You will have plenty of fun for a long, long time!
Like you, I do enjoy a short contest... like the NAQP.  73 - John