[RTTY] Re: NH7DX + band conditions

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Re: NH7DX + band conditions
From: pcooper at guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sun May 11 15:06:00 2003
Hi all,

I saw Mike KH6ND working NH7DX, and he too asked CALIFORNIA ?? ZONE 3?? and
seemed to get confirmation of that, although I only saw the one side of the
QSO - no copy on NH7DX at all here.

I did get a bit puzzled by several exchanges too.............
One sent me 16-16-16 015 which stumped me a little, but he was in Zone 15.
And how about 016-599-089 ?? An odd way to set your macro!
Several were sending the time as part of the exchange, and one or two seemed
to leave out the zone.
I also worked one that simply sent me 599-014, and was confused about a
serial number, saying that no-one else had asked for it!
And why is it that if you ask for a repeat of the number, they send the
normal exchange TWICE??

As for conditions, well, I surely hope they won't get much worse than this
weekend, and as Don says - "if the A and K indices are lower", then we could
see some better propagation.
I was amazed at the fact there seemed to be a Faraday cage around the USA! I
did see N1MGO and W0HW in there, but only worked WA1EHK, AA5AU, N5PU, and
N0CO/4 from the USA, plus VE6YR.
Despite that, 9M2/G4ZFE was a huge signal here on 20m, and for many hours
too. ZL2AMI was also quite strong on 20m during our Saturday evening, and
even stronger on 40m at 0600UTC this morning.
Only saw/worked PS7TKS on 10m, and I kept checking quite often, just to see
if there was some odd propagation about.

I do hope this is not a sign of the times to come, and I hope to see some or
all of you next weekend in the Anatolian contest.

For all of you that are off to Dayton, I wish you a good time, and have fun!
One year, I will try and join you all!

Very best 73 de Phil GU0SUP