[RTTY] Death of RTTY?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Death of RTTY?
From: obrienaj at netsync.net (Andrew J O'Brien)
Date: Mon May 19 22:30:26 2003
Some excellent points Mike. Your comments " The strongest signal in the
bandwidth is going to
capture the AGC and the weak ones just fade away " is perhaps the most
important issue.  The September PSK63 contest that I have scheduled will be
an interesting tests.  In the CCCC PSK contests that I ran , the impact of
strong signals and AGC capture was a difficult issue. I even had a request
from two Brazilian hams to disqualify another Brazilian because they could
not work anyone while he was "dominating" the band.

PSK63 has some promise, that is all, it is not a threat to RTTY contesting .
As for PSK31, it  is clearly more popular for digital rag chewing than RTTY
and that is exactly what Peter Martinez had in mind when he developed his
amateur radio version of PSK.

I hope that many RTTY contesters will have an open mind and join the
September PSK63 Contest.  The comments afterwards will be helpful in
determining if PSK63 has any future.

For info on the contest go to
http://www.netsync.net/users/obrienaj/quickpsk.htm

K3UK