[RTTY] Death of RTTY?

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Death of RTTY?
From: obrienaj at netsync.net (Andrew J O'Brien)
Date: Tue May 20 06:15:38 2003
> The fact that PSK is bringing more guys into
> RTTY contesting is a good sign!  73 - John, WA9ALS

I'm not sure if that was a humorous remark or real,  but the above is
literally true for me.  I tried  RTTY when a new ham about 14 years ago but
got no where with it.  The few QSO's I had resulted in people telling me my
tones were distorted and I found no local hams on RTTY that might have
helped me get them cleaned up.  So I ditched RTTY and moved on to other
stuff.  When PSK31 first came out I tried that and liked the simplicity, I
also liked that many people took the time to help get a signal "clean".  PSK
contesting was a lot of fun the first couple of times and then a tried a
RTTY contest. I never seriously participated in a PSK31 contest after that,
in fact I think  SSB contests are boring compared to RTTY.  The only problem
I have with RTTY contests is that it is quite predictable as to who you will
work, same few hundred ops seemingly each time.

Andy K3UK.