[RTTY] Another reason NOT to sign "portable"

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Another reason NOT to sign "portable"
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 11:53:22 -0000
Besides not being portable, but being at your permanent QTH,
Besides the US not having call areas any longer, except for the
purposes of FCC issuing a new, sequential callsign,
If you intend to use LOTW for awards, a callsign with a portable
designator is not the same as the home callsign.

For example, if Bob uploaded his log to LOTW signed as N4HY, and then
for some strange reason signed N4HY/2 from his home QTH during a
contest, anyone trying to e-confirm a QSO with N4HY/2 will come up
empty.

I suggest being consistent. Sign your call one way or the other.  If
you want to use a portable designator from home, use it all the time.
If not, don't use it at all (you're not portable, you're home).
Barry, W2UP, at home in PA (not /3)