Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???
From: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:04:35 +0000

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:13:07 -0400 (EDT) Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604
<faunt@panix.com> writes:
> Hi All,
>
> This weekend (Sunday Zulu, Saturday evening local) is the NCJ
> NA Sprint, RTTY phase.
>
> There was some discussion of using two different exchanges,
> depending
> on whether you're the caller or callee.  I can't locate the
> discussion, or the convention, but am certainly willing to do it
> that
> way, if I can get the information.  I suspect others would find this
> useful, also.

CQ NA DE K6LL
DE N6TQS
N6TQS DE K6LL 156 DAVE AZ
K6LL 214 DOUG CA DE N6TQS
TU (sent by K6LL)

Now N6TQS has inherited the frequency, and five stations
are calling him (after a polite 1 sec delay for K6LL's
TU.)

K6LL must move at least 5 khz before calling cq, or 1 kHz to s&p
someone.

The person who is going to vacate the frequency sends both
callsigns together.

The person who is going to inherit the frequency sends his
own callsign at the very end.

So, if you hear two callsigns together, the first shall inherit
the frequency.

If you hear one callsign by itself, at the end of a transmission,
it's a signal that the QSO is over, and the callsign you just
heard has inherited the frequency. Dump your own callsign in to
work him (after a 1 sec delay for that final TU).

If you are vacating the frequency, VAMOOSE, PRONTO! No callsigns,
no "have a nice day," etc. A quick "tu" and BEAT IT! Go work somebody
else, quick!

The fastest rate occurs when you s&p, and then inherit. Two for the
price of one!

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ