Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???

To: rTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:19:59 -0000

On 11 Oct 2003 Dave Hachadorian wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 00:22:47 -0400 (EDT) Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604
> <faunt@panix.com> writes:
>

> >I think I need to make "TU QSY" a bit
> > longer.
>
> No no no no no no no!
> All you need to send is TU. Then vamoose!
>
> I think W2UP was sending "T"
> Take a look at his score.
>
> If you were sending TU QSY, you were one of the
> fastest ops in this contest. A lot of people
> were sending callsigns, "your freq" and all kinds
> of other goofy stuff.

I agree with Dave! Don't make it longer. Keep it short. The beauty of
the Sprint, and the key to a high QSO total, is getting into a rhythm
where a calling station can quickly drop his callsign in after the
QSO 1 on a freq, and that second QSO follows immediately, without a
CQ being necessary.

BTW, Dave I was just sending TU, and as soon as the U hit the screen,
the dial was turning.
73,
Barry