Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???
From: "W1NET" <W1NET@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:17:30 -0000
From: "W1NET" <W1NET@ARRL.NET>
To: "Dave Hachadorian" <k6ll@juno.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2003 18:15

> With current participation, you can't eliminate the
> three qso dupe rule, or there would be nobody to work
> after about 45 minutes <

 I appreciate those who create these contests and am amazed how hard they
 work to make them happen.  I also am in no way trying to pick a fight on
 this.

 But I must agree with the orginal poster on what is accomplished by working
 the same people over and over again. S%P on the same US stations is not
that
 interesting.

 Maybe this rule keeps the numbers down?  Maybe increase the number of bands
 to include 10 and 15.  Allow for working on any of the bands and maybe have
 two sprint times...one that would favor US and one that would favor DX
 stations.  I offer these ideas only because I don't like to whine and not
 offer some other ideas.

 Again my appreciation for those who run these events.

 John W1NET