Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???
From: Dave Hachadorian <k6ll@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:35:29 +0000

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 17:55:38 -0000 "W1NET" <W1NET@ARRL.NET> writes:

> What you are saying about the QSL message is interesting.  I did not
> know if
> w2up had qsl'd me one of the times...I believe I thought he hadn't
> so I
> beleive I deleted a contact.  just sending a T or TU to us weak guys
> may
> mean you lose contacts.  It may come to me as noise and I am not
> sure what
> is going on, especially where people were jumping in early.

If you're listening on the headphones, especially if you use
"low tones," you can train yourself to remember the pitch,
amplitude, and possibly other characteristics of the station
you are working. Then if you hear a brief beep or two, you know
he got it. On cw, I send the letter E. On SSB, I say "tank."
On rtty I send "tu" with no cr/lf's or spaces.

Quite a few stations last night sent no confirmation at all.
Put 'em in the log anyway, unless there are extenuating
circumstances. It's not a mortal sin, it's just
a contest. Odds are more than three to one that he got it.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ