Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NCJ Sprint exchange hints???
From: "Richard Ferch" <ve3iay@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 14:03:43 -0400
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 at 09:15:21 EDT,
W0YR@aol.com sid:

> I have a question and I don't mean it to be insulting or to pick a fight:
>
> Where is the accomplishment in working the same stations repeatedly.  What
> skill or achievement does that represent?

I'd bet that the reason for allowing dupes has nothing to do with skill or
achievement. I'd guess it's to keep the contest from being boring due to low
participation. The first RTTY Sprint in October 2000 had only 20 logs
submitted. By October 2001 that was up to 37, and March 2003 reportedly had
63 entrants, but even at that level of participation there aren't enough new
stations to work to keep things moving fuill speed for 4 hours. Maybe when
the participation gets up around 100 entrants it will be time to consider
dropping this rule???

73,
Rich VE3IAY