Re[2]: [RTTY] Hating QTC's in WAE

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re[2]: [RTTY] Hating QTC's in WAE
From: SP5UAF <tomek@sp5zcc.waw.pl>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:54:45 +0100
Hello,

Of course you are right. Of course there are many people (I am still
one of them) who often participate contests just to gather new points
for countries worked on each band.
But if you participate CQWW each year how many new zones/countries are
you able to work? After some years of HAM activity (if you are active
in contests and every day) there is almost nothing new to work during
contests. Even if there is an interesting DXpedition in that time
usually you can work it outside the contest. Great percentage of
stations worked during every big contests are the same call-signs, the
same prefixes or zones.
I think that contesting is a challenge itself. The main goal of
contesting is the final score. Other goals are marginal however thay
can be very important for some of us. The score depends on your station,
antennas and operating skills. QTC traffic is just another way to
increase the final score. In that way - in my point of view - QTCs are
in great accordance with the spirit of contesting.

73
Tom SP5UAF