Re: [RTTY] Dayton 2004?

To: ws7i@ewarg.org
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Dayton 2004?
From: llindblom@juno.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 21:23:28 GMT
Thanks at least now we know to avoid the HO-JO Express.  Again, thanks for all
the effort you put in last year.  I for one appreciated it, as your sweat made
my Dayton trip possible!

OK guys where do we go from here or are there only a couple of us interested in
Dayton in 2004?  If that is the case we are probably all on our own.

73 W0ETC

-- Jay Townsend <ws7i@ewarg.org> wrote:
At 04:37 PM 11/14/2003 GMT, llindblom@juno.com wrote:

>Maybe last year's organizer (WS7I ?) who did a great job can chime in and
let us know what is involved in the process.

Ha.  Let me tell you what is involved. Heart Burn.

If you need to find out where to get the Banquet stuff let me know.  That
is about the only easy part of the whole deal.

The hotel....

IMHO I would (a) Never deal with that outfit or any of those people ever
again in my life.
             (b) I would never stay in that hotel under any circumstances
             (c) All Bus info is a big LIE.
             (d) Dayton is IMHO a thing of the past

The behind the scenes stuff is hard to believe.  You the RTTY Community
have no idea how much you owe Bill Henry of Hal Communications and Dale
Sinner for there efforts over the last 20 years in all of this stuff.

Money, time, sweat and effort.  Luckily, other than Banquet's which are
quite easy, I only got involved in this thing once.  I would never do it
twice.

If I was going to Dayton I would just stay at Stouffer's with the rest of
the world.  Frankly, I think its time or organize another RTTY event.  New
Orleans at their DX Convention or Visalia or something on the West Coast.

Now aren't you glad you asked!

73 Jay WS7I

---
This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above.

disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents
of these documents is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
information in error, please notify the sender immediately and arrange for the
return or destruction of these documents.

All email sent to or from the corporate email system may be retained, monitored
and/or reviewed.