Re: [RTTY] NEW Rules for 2004 FMRE XE RTTY Contest

To: RTTY Contest <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NEW Rules for 2004 FMRE XE RTTY Contest
From: Waldemar DK3VN <dk3vn@nexgo.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 14:04:47 +0100
"Vladimir V. Sidorov" wrote:

> > Waldemar DK3VN wrote:

> > > are you thinking about the famous "CQ Magazine"-???  ~:(
> > >
> > > 73 de Waldemar, DK3VN
> >

> Gents,
> To be honest, it's quite difficult to complain the CQ Magazine for contests
> like CQ WW and CQ WPX regardless the modes. I've got just a pile of
> certificates for CW/SSB/RTTY. And the RTTY cerfificates are the quickest.
> But I have NEVER SEEN any certificate for the CQ 160 meter contest... But
> it's not about RTTY ...     :-)))   (BTW I recently saw some notes that the
> CQ 160 certificates for years like 1997-1998 started arriving to the
> deserving...).
>
> 73,
> "Walt", EU1SA
> ..

Hi,

the core of the matter is "give the awards out in a timely manner".

If you receive the award/certificate much less than one year after
the contest, then the majority of the HAM's are saying "rec'd in
a timely manner". Waiting one, two or more years is not "in a timely
manner" anymore!

My friends and me have received the awards/certificates for the
CQ/RJ WPX RTTY and the CQ/RJ WW RTTY in a timely manner! But usually
not for the other modes (CW/SSB)! Some friends had to wait two or
three years for their CW/SSB awards/certificates; some have not
received anything from the CQ Magazine until today.

Once again: The core of the matter is "give the awards out in
a timely manner". For me it is easier to understand, that the
"little" FMRE has a "little" problem with that. But for our
friends in the USA it should not be a problem, I believe! ~:)

Question: Did you have received your awards/certificates for the
WAEDC RTTY-CW-SSB in a timely manner or many years after the contest?

73 de Waldemar, DK3VN

PS: While I am writing this response, I have received my VK9CD
and VK9XW cards (RTTY and CW). Turn around less than two weeks.
What a nice Xmas present!
--
Check RWRL  on http://home.arcor.de/waldemar.kebsch
RWRL Mirror on http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn   mailto:dk3vn@darc.de