[Fwd: Re: [RTTY] Exchange procedure]

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [RTTY] Exchange procedure]
From: Ed <edw3nr@nexband.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:07:25 -0500

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Exchange procedure
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:06:35 -0500
From: Ed <edw3nr@nexband.com>
To: Ken Eigsti <diverken@chaffee.net>

Ken, good idea. I spent a countless amount of time looking for some
simple basic exchanges and general info on RTTY contesting. '5AU's page
is fine if you use WL, but not everyone does. So I would think just the
very basics are needed. Since I live in Georgia I always get asked for
repeats on my state, guess they hope I meant DE....hi. Another FYI that
might be helpful, is to get the dead links removed from AC6V's web site
and totally redo the RTTY info section. Just some thoughts from a novice
RTTY contester. Oh, and remind the newbies to turn off the darn AFC and
NET, geesh I hate to have to chase someone during a run.
Ed W3NR

BTW I always send de before my call. But my exchange is to the point:
"599 GA GA K ". I figure that he knows his call and I know mine.

Ken Eigsti wrote:

I wonder if it would be worthwhile, before a contest, on this reflector if
some examples of exchanges could be posted?

Maybe the ones who subscribe to this arn't the problem, and it would be a
waste of space. There are probably samples on websites, but many might not
know where to look.