Re: [RTTY] 2004 RTTY Roundup -lets stir the pot again!

To: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>, Rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 2004 RTTY Roundup -lets stir the pot again!
From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:36:03 -0000

On 10 Jan 2004 Bill Turner wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:40:27 -0000, Barry  wrote:
>
> >I can also tune in a RTTY signal
> >without using any tuning aids.  I'm sure other long-time RTTYers can
> >do the same, if not more.

> You must have that hearing ability known as "perfect pitch".  I and
> many others can come close, but not exactly right.
>
> --
> Bill, W6WRT

I never took lessons, but I can sit down at a piano and play a melody
by ear.  I recall a discussion, around the RUFZ computer, about this
in the contesting suite at Dayton several years ago.  Seems some kind
of music aptitude is present in most high speed CW guys.  I'm good to
about 75-80 WPM (CW, not RTTY, hi).
Barry, W2UP--