RE: [RTTY] Dual Receive with WriteLog/MMTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [RTTY] Dual Receive with WriteLog/MMTTY
From: "J. Edward (Ed) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:03:08 -0800
A couple weeks ago I posted a query (attached below) about multiple
rttyrite/MMTTY windows in WriteLog using a single sound card.  Thank you for
the many helpful replies.  A "telegram summary" of the feedback is that each
MMTTY window needs its own sound card.  However, the other day Rich, VE3IAY,
discovered that Windows XP does allow multiple applications, or multiple
instances of MMTTY, to be driven from the same sound card.  I upgraded one
of my Ham shack computers from Windows 2000 to XP last night and sure
enough, I can have multiple rttyrite/MMTTY windows on a single sound card.
Each MMTTY configuration can be set up for a different profile such as
Standard RTTY, Flutter, Multi-Path, etc. for simultaneous decoding during a
contest.

WriteLog currently allows only one rttyrite window per "Radio", so you have
to set up as many WriteLog radios as you want MMTTY windows.  The maximum
number of WriteLog Radios is 4, so for a SO2R setup, only two MMTTY windows
are available per radio.  I've input a change request to W5XD, so maybe this
limitation will be relaxed in a future WriteLog release.

73,
Ed - W0YK