[RTTY] Help to set-up FT1000MP with G3LIV interface and SB1024

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Help to set-up FT1000MP with G3LIV interface and SB1024
From: Paul Brice-Stevens <paul@g0wat.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:57:28 +0000
Hi all,
My first post to the RTTY reflector and its I'm afraid a plea for help...I for the life of me cannot get rtty to work for me (nut behind the wheel I suspect)...here the working condx

Using WL with MTTY decoder
Through G3LIV Isoterm interface into the Packet port of FT1KMP
Receive and decode through Creative Labs SB1024 5.1 Digital

It appears to receive OK but when I kick it into transmit I just get a long tone...no diddle as it were?...the radio puts out power (checked into dummy load through PWR meter) however I do not appear to be getting RTTY out of the other end as it were?

Anyone out there care to help a RTTY neophyte take his first steps...I think better off list as I am sure no one wants to be bored reading the airing of my problems in public

73

Paul G0WAT
--
Paul Brice-Stevens